Monday, February 16, 2009

just another monday

Thought you all could use a few nice downloads to start off your week.

Some Canadian stuff for ya, eh?
Thanks to the lovely DJ REV aka A.Raife, I downloaded the latest Metric leak, the acoustic version of their song Help I'm Alive. Their new album FANTASIES hits stores in the U.S. April 14th, 2009. The last we heard from Metric was back in 2007 when they re-released their album Grow Up and Blow Away, so it's nice to see the band back on the map. For more information on the band, visit their site and their myspace.

Metric - Help I'm Alive (Acoustic)
Metric - Help I'm Alive


L.A. Status
Bodies of Water is a great little band based out of Los Angeles. They've got a haunting sound at times, but with a chamber-music twist. Strange combo, I know. Apparently they're great live, so if you're ever down for a random show, check 'em out. Here's a couple songs off of their latest album A Certain Feeling released under Secretly Canadian. Enjoy.

Bodies of Water - Water Here
Bodies of Water - Gold, Tan, Peach and Grey


Le Disco
I'm a big fan of the "nu-disco"music blog by the record label VALERIE. They've always got something good posted. My latest favorite is this track by College, remixed by Keenhouse. Dance to it.

College - I Think About It (Keenhouse Remix)

________

Keep checking out this blog for more downloads this semester, and of course keep listening to WOZQ. Peace.

No comments: