Friday, October 10, 2008

In Celebration of Sweaters & Changing Leaves

I love fall!  I love seeing Smithies donning their autumn sweaters.  I love the smell of wood burning in fireplaces.  I love carving pumpkins and drinking apple cider.  I love how gorgeous New England becomes the second week of October as all the leaves turn.  And for me, Fall has a very distinct sound.  Its music has a slowly pushing tempo, a string section, sweet harmonies, passive vocals, and is usually attached to some sort of nostalgia.

So, as I know many of you will be hitting the road tomorrow or this weekend, I have gathered some of my favorite autumn-y songs and made you a mix CD for driving through New England in mid-october.  hoorah!  Here's the tracklist (with some mp3s):

01. Easier by Grizzly Bear
02. How It Ends by DeVotchKa (mediafire)
03. Thank You Mario but Our Princess is in Another Castle by The Mountain Goats (mediafire)
04. Boys of Melody by The Hidden Cameras
05. Through the Backyards by Au Revoir Simone
06. I Still Remember by Bloc Party
07. Autumn Sweater by Yo La Tengo (mediafire)
08. Chicago by Sufjan Stevens (mediafire)
09. Back to Boston by The Rosebuds (mediafire)
10. These Days by Nico
11. Will We Ever by Your Heart Breaks
12. Maple Leaves [EP Version] by Jens Lekman
13. Twilight in Boston by Jonathan Richman
14. Ghosts by Laura Marling
15. Imitosis by Andrew Bird
16. Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac
17. New York I Love You by LCD Soundsystem
18. Westfall by Okkervil River
19. The Only Living Boy in New York by Simon & Garfunkel


The full CD (in one nicely mixxxed file) is here

4 comments:

c.danger said...

what are the chances that we are both posting on the blog withing about 50 seconds of each other. at one in the morning. on thursday night.

Suprih's Blog said...

DIRT, Brought to you ..., You have a cool blog. I thought you were creative, because you could make a great content.

Don't had stopped contributing your sparkling idea in this blog. I was convinced this blog really useful.

May you be successful …….

Ousizch
http://www.ecpassistant.blogspot.com

sam_chaplin said...

yeah!

Anonymous said...

i tried to download the full cd but no download box popped up. can you check to make sure the link still works? thanks :)